If you are seeking a rewarding career in Law Enforcement, we encourage you to consider the Big Spring Police Department as your home for a career. The City of Big Spring Police Department is committed to reaching out to the citizens it serves while providing the highest level of professionalism and services available. The department has adopted a community oriented policing philosophy. The department's aim is to provide that information and those services necessary to reduce crime, the fear of crime and to improve the quality of life in our community. The department is working with the community toward a common goal of having the safest streets and neighborhoods possible. The City of Big Spring is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age or Disability in employment or the provision of services.
If you are seeking a rewarding career in Law Enforcement, I would like to invite you to consider the Big Spring Police Department as your home for a Law Enforcement career. As a stable, progressive Department, we offer excellent employee benefits comparable to, if not better than, other departments of our size.
If you believe you are capable of meeting the high standard demanded of a Big Spring Police Officer, and want to make a difference, I encourage you to apply.
The city of Big Spring does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Chief of Police
To deliver quality Human Resource and Information services for Big Spring employees and the community. The information we compile through our resources allows our customers the opportunity for excellent decision making. Our commitment is to provide support services in a professional and efficient manner to achieve high levels of productivity and customer satisfaction.
Personnel provides recruitment, employee orientation, job classification, benefits management, payroll processing, personnel policies, and maintains personnel files for 270 City employees. The department also sponsors safety programs to increase awareness of potential workplace hazards.
The City does not accept resumes or applications for positions that are not open. To further explore any of the opportunities mentioned on this website, please send a completed City application available here or documents requested in job posting (i.e., resume, salary history, etc) to the following address:The City of Big Spring
Applications may also be obtained between 8 AM and 5 PM at the City of Big Spring, 310 Nolan, Big Spring, Texas 79720.
It is the policy of The Big Spring Police Department and the City of Big Spring at all our locations to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental handicap or disability, veteran status, or because he/she is a disabled veteran, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. In keeping with the intent of this policy, the Company will adhere strictly to the following personnel practices.
• Recruitment, hiring, and promotion of individuals in all job areas will be implemented without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental handicap or disability, veteran status, or because an employee is a disabled veteran, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
• Employment decisions will be made by all Company executives to further the principle of equal employment opportunity.
• Management decisions will be based on the principles of equal employment opportunity and utilize the use of valid job-related criteria and business factors.
• All personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training and development, educational assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental handicap disability, veteran status, or because an employee is a disabled veteran, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
• Thorough documented analyses of all personnel actions will be conducted to ensure compliance with the concept of equal opportunity.
For more information:
Any of the following will disqualify an applicant from further consideration at any stage of the Police Officer application process:
The Chief of Police or his designee will make all interpretations regarding these requirements.